Views
Helpful
Replies

MS IAS and AP1231G

Osman_gadji_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have server - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2, that run AD, IAS, DHCP services, and Access Point - CIsco AP1231G-A-K9 (AIR-AP1231G-A-K9, c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA).

Can i use RADUIS for authentication  wireless users (iPhone, notebooks and other devices with different operation systems) using Active Directory, without install MS Certificate Authority on my Domain controller?

1 Reply 1

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is very subjective.

First you need to know what security method you want to use, and authentication method.

For example, if you use PEAP you will need to have a certificate on the RADIUS server.

If you use EAP-TLS you will need a certificate on the RADIUS server and one on each client.

Default windows suplicants have by default PEAP-MSCHAP and this is the most widely used authenitcation method.

To be able t ouse it you will need to install a certificate on the RADIUS server (IAS on your setup), so either you use its own CA or you will need to get a certificate from another CA...

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or  answers your question please mark the question  as "answered" and/or rate  it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card