Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE and WLC Operation

Hello,

I need to develop a solution of wIPS, but I'm not sure about the compatibility between the MSE and the WLC. My WLC is in 7.6.100 version and the MSE is 3310 model. Reviewing documentation, the MSE can only update until 7.3 version. Somebody knows if the version between wlc and mse must match, or which are the restrictions. Additionally, i can use Prime I or WSC, we have both systems.

1 Reply 1

but I'm not sure about the compatibility between the MSE and the WLC. 

Here is the compatibility information.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148604

My WLC is in 7.6.100 version

You should consider upgrade this to min 7.6.130.0  as that is the stable code of 7.6.x software train.

MSE is 3310 model. Reviewing documentation, the MSE can only update until 7.3 version. Somebody knows if the version between wlc and mse must match, or which are the restrictions. 

It does not need to be exact match between WLC & MSE versions. Refer release notes of each product & version, it will listed the new features added in each releases. Since MSE 3310 not supporting 7.3.x onward, I would plan for MSE migration anyway. You can go with VM in later versions of MSE & no need to buy hardware for that.

Additionally, i can use Prime I or WSC, we have both systems

Go with Prime as WCS is not supported any longer. What's the reason still keeping the WCS ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card