Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE CAS and Northbound Notifications

Feds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a MSE server v8.0.150.0 running CAS service and sending Northbound Notifications to 3rd party subscribers. These notifications are sent based on MAC filter list for asset tags (around 2200) and wireless IP Phones (around 500).
The client is complaining about 10-15 second delays and out-of-sequence event notifications received from MSE.

I need to troubleshoot this possible issue on WLC and MSE side however I haven't found any info on how Northbound Notification actually works in detail (transmission, queueing, etc) nor any troubleshooting procedures for it.

Does anyone know about any documentations that is available on the subject, especially for MSE CAS and Northbound Notifications?

THANKS!
Fed

4 Replies 4

Hi Fed,

Configuration Guide is the one typically have these info. Hope you had a look on it given below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/8-0/MSE_CMX/8_0_MSE_CAS/configuring_event_notifications.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I had read that but it doesn't help unfortunately as there are no tshooting info in there. I was hoping to find a guide with which investigating these delays in detail.

Thanks

Fed

if you have TAC support,  I think that would be the best way to move forward on your issue.

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

I have already.. TAC engineer sent me a link of a similar config doco but dated 2008 (it still mentions WCS)!

Thanks
Fed

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card