Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Country Controller Problem

mahdi.rashgi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Colleagues

I have a 5508 WLC  and I have Configured controller for multi country regularity domain (-A , -E) because of my APs regularity domain. when my APs joint to the WLC for the first time, their admin status were disabled by default.

My question : is there any solution to change this default WLC behavior?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am one of the few believers that configuring conflicting multi-domain country codes DO NOT WORK. 

The best bet is to separate controllers based on different domain code.  With the advent of the universal regulatory domain code, this will be a thing of the past.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My question : is there any solution to change this default WLC behavior?

Talk to your Cisco SE/AM or your supplier.  Cisco has started rolling out APs with universal regulatory domain code of "-UX".   Due to sales reasons, not all APs will support "-UX".  

The app for the iPhone can be found HERE.

For Android, it’s found HERE.

Cisco Aironet Universal AP Priming and Cisco AirProvision User Guide

Dear Leo Laohoo

Thanks for your answer, I will consider your solution for my future purchases, but there are some reasons that I need the admin status of my multi domain APs become active for the first time they join the WLC (this is the default behavior for a single country regulatory domain), is there any configuration or command on WLC?

I am one of the few believers that configuring conflicting multi-domain country codes DO NOT WORK. 

The best bet is to separate controllers based on different domain code.  With the advent of the universal regulatory domain code, this will be a thing of the past.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there is any solution to change the default behavior of the status being in disabled state.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card