Helpful
Replies

multiple C9115AXI-Q has the same IP

Archer_03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im trying to deploy 2 C9115AXI-Q.

But somehow, as I connect them to the network, both has the same IP address and 

hardware address.

The output of show interface via terminal is below:
GigabitEthernet0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is EWC management port, address is 0000.5e00.0101 (bia 0000.0000.0000)
  Internet address is 192.168.10.128/24
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit/sec, DLY 10 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  Unknown, Unknown, link type is force-up, media type is unknown media type
  output flow-control is unsupported, input flow-control is unsupported
  ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Last input 00:00:01, output 00:00:34, output hang never
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters never
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
  5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
  5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts (0 IP multicasts)
     0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
     0 watchdog, 0 multicast, 0 pause input
As you can see from the above output, "address is 0000.5e00.0101" and "Internet address is 192.168.10.128/24" is the same for the both device that I connected to the network.

I'm assuming that since "address is 0000.5e00.0101" is the same for both device, the network both gave the same IP address to the device.

Could somebody help me change "address" or refer to a guide on how to fix this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- By factory settings/default the ap will try to obtain an address through dhcp, a further step could then be to analyze your dhcp server's logs and look for address requests from the ap (make sure there is a dhcp server available for all times). Of course not knowing the mac address the search can then be further tuned by looking in the dhcp server's logs at the time the ap is being powered up and or look for hardware prefixes on mac addresses related to Cisco equipment.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you have any mac address-info on the cisco-packaging box(es) for the ap and or on the ap itself backside (e.g.). ? If so use that address to let the ap obtain an ip in the standard manner via DHCP etc. The above mentioned output  may not indicate a problem - use the mac address as found on the packaging materials or the ap.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Archer_03
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000 I see, I do have the mac address from the packages. If that is the case how would I use the address from the package to let the ap obtain an ip? Is there a way to do it on the webui or console via command line?

- By factory settings/default the ap will try to obtain an address through dhcp, a further step could then be to analyze your dhcp server's logs and look for address requests from the ap (make sure there is a dhcp server available for all times). Of course not knowing the mac address the search can then be further tuned by looking in the dhcp server's logs at the time the ap is being powered up and or look for hardware prefixes on mac addresses related to Cisco equipment.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card