cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My access point may have been struck by lightning

trevorjackson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series Wireless bridge that I suspect may have been taken out by a power surge. The Association Status light is blinking about every half second, the ethernet activity light is blinking here and there and the radio acitivity light isn't blinking at all. I cannot ping it at all nor pick up any kind of wireless connectivity. Is there any steps that someone can suggest for concluding that the device has gone bad?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Can you get anything on the serial console?

If you can bring up the console, check the settings (it may just be a corrupt config or OS) for IP, mask, gateway, etc.

Once you've verified the settings, you should be able to access that IP adddress with a browser (IE, Netscape, etc).

If you're not getting any activity on the console, the unit is probably whacked ...

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Can you get anything on the serial console?

If you can bring up the console, check the settings (it may just be a corrupt config or OS) for IP, mask, gateway, etc.

Once you've verified the settings, you should be able to access that IP adddress with a browser (IE, Netscape, etc).

If you're not getting any activity on the console, the unit is probably whacked ...

Good Luck

Scott

Thank you for the fast response. It turns out that the lightning took out a hub that the Wireless Access Point was plugged into. It not only cause the Wireless Access Point to not function but none of the other access points that I have here functioned either. (This access point was the root access point). I replaced the hub, and everything is working properly now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card