cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to Reset Aironet 1200

mknabster1
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought an Aironet 1200 from a university surplus store for what i think was a great price, $10 with power adapter. But i do not know its IP address to login to it, and i plainly don't know anything about its origins. So i would like to reset it to factory since i want to put this in my house as a wireless range extender. So far, i have tried hooking it up to my router and see if it would see it in the device list, but it wouldn't show up. I then tried plugging it straight into my laptop and assigning the IP address Cisco lists in their setup guide and see if i could access it that way, no luck. I was able to see its default name of Tsunami in my wireless list but wasn't able to connect to it. I'm guessing i need to get a console to serial cable for this to work properly, but how would i go about resetting this? Thanks

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matthew,

Here is a link that explains how to factory reset your 1200 AP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1200/installation/guide/120h_6.html#wp1036746

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card