Views
Helpful
Replies

need to restart ap which is up for 200 days

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am running big wireless network, with 20no of 5500 with 7.0.116.0 version. I have more than 20,000 AP's. All LWAPP which are up for more than 200-300 days has to be rebooted, this problem is with all AP's. clients are not getting connected,after reboot they work fine. Please give me some solution. if it has to rebooted i have Cisco NCS also. Please let me how do the same from ncs.

Regards,

Satya.M     

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you should be able to create an access point template that has the reboot checked and apply that to any or all your AP's that are listed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, tnx for your reply. Even i have created a templt but there is no criteria to match with AP uptime or other.

Regards,

Satya.M

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to reboot your APs, why don't you just upgrade your firmware while your at it?

Cisco has recommended to use 7.0.116.0 which is industry cerfid. Any way we tried with other version also.

Cisco has recommended to use 7.0.116.0 which is industry cerfid.

Maybe that's what Cisco SE told you to, but look and read at the latest release, 7.4.100.0, and make a decision for yourself.  Compare the bugs found in 7.0.116.0 and see if there are some that are affecting you and are considered as "fixed" in the newer 7.4.100.0.

Whatever Cisco SE says, I'd still recommend you upgrade the FUS.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card