Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need your advise on outdoor AP selection

I have to deploy AP in industrial area as outdoor AP in Qatar. I couldn't find any outdoor supported AP for this country. Can someone help me to find out the suitable outdoor AP for this country ?

I doubt Qatar doesn't support any outdoor AP's. Please advise

Thanks in advance

Srikanth

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thats a hard one. You will need to find out what RF guide lines are supported there. Most will use Europe as default.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Acutally it's not hard to believe at all.  Not all countries allow for 5GHz to be used.  From teh 5.2.157.0 release notes, Qatar didn't have 5GHz listing for regulator, but did for 2.4 GHz.  Accorinding to the below. updated s of 110923, I don't see Qatar listed for outdoor AP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a_ps6087_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card