Helpful
Replies

No Internal DHCP over another (Guest) SSID/Interface

amartinez
Beginner
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I need some help please.

I have a cisco wlan controller (2100) running software 7.0.235.0. I have the internal private wlan running off of port 1 and that is working fine with an internal dhcp server.

My question is:

Is it possible to setup another ssid (guest) and have the interface directly linked to a static ip on the WAN and also use the built in cisco internal dhcp server?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need something in between that would do NAT. But year you can define port 1 for your internal and port 2 for your guest if you want. You can also define a dhcp scope on the WLC, but you need something that will NAT.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need something in between that would do NAT. But year you can define port 1 for your internal and port 2 for your guest if you want. You can also define a dhcp scope on the WLC, but you need something that will NAT.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thank you Scott,

In this case, what would you use in between to NAT?

This is what I have done:

I have already played around with it a bit and setup port 6 with the interface configured with all WAN ip settings. I have setup a dhcp scope with the management ip being the dhcp server ip. I'm not sure how that would work but I did make sure dhcp proxy was enabled. The guest SSID is also setup with the setting (DHCP server override) to the management ip. I still don't receive any ip from the wlan controller though.

Again thank you,

I appreciate your help

Put a router in between, that should do it.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott,

I have added a router in between the wlc and cable modem and after configuring dhcp etc it works exactly the way I wanted it to.

Thank you very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: