Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to upload AP image in CISCO 2504 WLC

Hi All,

I tried n numbers of time to upload AP images in WLC 2504 but no help, actually both Primary & Backup images i lost due to an incident happen on the network, to restore and get it fixed i tried to load AP images and tried with different version but no help, i am sharing the screenshot what i got , "showing Error Transferring AP images" on the CLI, i tried it through TFTP server

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If your WLC if functioning properly and the AP’s are joined, what you can try to do is factory reset one ap and see what happens. You can also console into the ap and look at what images are in flash. You should mention what code you are running on the wld and what model ap’s are affected and how many.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi ,

The controller is fully formatted, and i had tried to upload images(p&S),sharing the screenshot for reference controller.1.PNG

You need to open a TAC case to get the RTOS image and the process. You should never format the WLC because the image you use when the WLC is booted up is not the same image required for flash. If you don’t have a support contract, then the unit is pretty much bricked and not usable.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

What Scott says.
Try this first though, don't configure the WLC and Gateway with the same IP address, use a different for the WLC.
But I don't think that will work, as far as I remember the WLC image is not the same as the RTOS image (which you can't download without a TAC).
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card