Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP600 issue using WLC5508

mukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with oeap600                   .

On my first scenario, I had 5508 with software 7.0.116. In this point, only one oeap600 was able to do join on WLC. Always, when I tried to set up the second oeap600, this second AP goes up and immediately goes down.

This problem was resolved doing upgrade for software verison 7.2.110.

But now, I have a new issue.

I have two oeap600 and 14 indoor APs (1242) working properly. If I reboot the controller for a maintenance or for a problem simulation, some indoor APs not join on WLC. My workaround in this case was, disable nat on Management Interface, wait until all indoors APs goes up, and after set nat again, and wait oeap600 goes up too.

Does Anyone already deal with this issue?

thanks a lot.

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As for your issue on number one. This is known problem and that rev of code only allows for 1 NAT O/E ap. If you add a second one behind the same NAT you will have the issue you mentioned. I think in 7.2 you can add up to 2 maybe more behind a NAT.

On your second issue I know this is a known problem as well. I want to say this was fixed in 7.0.230.0. I will need to check my notes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

Do you know any software version that could solved both problems?

thanks for your update.

Here is some additional reading

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2135273

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Its in the 7.2 Configuration Guide as a note.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_lwap.html#wp1502346

Note OfficeExtend access points are designed to work behind a router or other gateway device that is using network address translation (NAT). NAT allows a device, such as a router, to act as an agent between the Internet (public) and a personal network (private), enabling an entire group of computers to be represented by a single IP address. In controller software release 7.2 or later releases, up to 3 OfficeExtend access points can be deployed behind a NAT device. Prior controller releases could support only one device.

+ 5 for George!

Regarding to The second problem I am dealing on WLC5508 with software 7.2.110

I did the software upgrade for 7.2.110, because I had then more one OEAP600.

My network already is operational, but I need to find only one version that fix both problems.

Do you have any suggestion?

thanks a lot.

I think this rev fixes both .. So you loaded it ? Have you tested it ?

I am trying schedule a new window for new tests, but in my last tests it didn´t work.

We had 1-WLC5508, 2-OEAP600, 14-AP indoor (1242)

During the test both OEAP join and work properly, but after WLC reboot, some APs 1242 did not join on WLC.

I needed to disable the NAT on Managment Interface, then, all AP1242 joined.

thanks a lot

About NAT, I don´t know if I understood this note properly

Note OfficeExtend access points are designed to work behind a router or other gateway device that is using network address translation (NAT). NAT allows a device, such as a router, to act as an agent between the Internet (public) and a personal network (private), enabling an entire group of computers to be represented by a single IP address. In controller software release 7.2 or later releases, up to 3 OfficeExtend access points can be deployed behind a NAT device. Prior controller releases could support only one device.

I have a doubt about it.

...up to 3 OfficeExtend access points can be deployed behind a NAT.

Then in my site with just one Internet Link, Can I have only 3 OfficeExtend APs, right?

Can I have 10 OfficeExtend AP (one in each site), and can all goes up in only one WLC in the same time?

thanks a lot

Correct, limit is 3 under <1> NAT. So long as you dont install more than 3 behind one NAT you are fine. Rightnow I have 50 OEs deployed. No issues ...