Views
Helpful
Replies

our Country Code is not showing in access point

Puneet Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have cisco 2504 controller and 1200 series access point.These are in India and country code is IN.

When access point joins the controller , then in wireless>advanced , i see the two country code is already configured these are Sri Lnaka(LK) and Singpore (SG).

I have disabled the radios and changed the country code to IN but after doing that Access point is not joining the controller and giving the duplicate error.

Then i have again set the country code to IN,LK and SG.I am able to see the LK and SG but In is not showing in drop down list.

Operationally everything is working fine.

Howevre i need to change the country code to India , how can i do that ?

Thanks .....

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are the full model numbers of the ap and controllers invloved ..

like -- AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Access model Number ----AIR-AP-1231G-E-K9

Controller Model Number ----Cisco 2504

Hi Puneet,

Your AP (AIR-AP-1231G-E-K9) regulatory domain belong to -E for APAC region. Hence it will work for following countries:

Mangolia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam only.

For India -N is the regularoty domain therefore AP part code must be AIR-AP-1231G-N-K9.

Please go through the following URL for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a_ps10981_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Thanks,
Prashant Gondaliya

Thanks, Prashant Gondaliya
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card