cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Access Point (C9124AXD-ROW )

rsthakur
Level 1
Level 1

Outdoor Access Point (C9124AXD-ROW ) is not able to join WLC.

WLC = Cisco Catalyst 9800-40 Wireless Controller

Version = 17.3.6

Problem= Please find attach txt file

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Insure that the reglatory domain for -ROW (Argentina) configured on your 9800 under country.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217734-connect-and-join-a-row-domain-access-po.html

As per the above link Cisco IOS XE relase 17.6 and later provide support for -ROW domain access points and the list of countries targeted by -ROW continues to grow with later releases.

But 17.6 and above release will not support 3700 and 2700 AP.

And I have more then 100 ap available of 3700 and 2700.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Thakur, you can run EWC in 9124 and manage it independently, I am not sure whether EWC to 9800 mobility tunnels are supported and L2/L3 roaming support, if not you might have roaming issues. 

Or else you can spin up a 9800-CL WLC in a virtual environment running 17.3 code and have all the older generation of AP's registering there while you upgrade your 9800 physical boxes to the latest TAC recommended code (17.6.4) which supports ROW AP's. You need to build a mobility across both controllers so users can roam between these controllers seamlessly.   9800-CL is Free of cost, and you can pay for the support which will be a small cost. Also remember 17.3 code itself will EOS by next year March, so I would suggest you go to that long queue where the waiting times are slightly improved these days to order the new AP's. If I were you, I would consider CW9164 for replacement of both existing models

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card