Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Access Point Flapping

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have outdoor Access point 1552 up time 38 day but association time 59 min. and no one plug the cable

find attached which include sh logging, sh run int bvi1, sh run int dot0

please any one feed me back.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Uptime just means that the unit has power, doesn't mean that the MESH unit was reset.... so the join time is how long it unit actually joined the WLC.  Is this a MAP or a RAP? 

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

HI Scott,

Thanks already i know that but i mean i have issue because i think preffered the uptime and association time the same.

so appreciate to check the attached logs may be useful for you, please feed me back about the solution.

Thanks,

Well that is prefered, but not always the case... you have to figure out why the AP is dissacociating from the RAP.  One reason can be radar and using DFS channels.  Since the log shows INJECTOR_DETECTED, i'm guessing this is a RAP?  Maybee look at the switchport for errors?  The log isn't going to tell you much unless its wireless related, you also need to take a look at your wired side.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks, i will check the path

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card