cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Access Points with External Directional Antenna support

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

Do outdoor access points 1562E and 1772E support external directional antenna?  There is only Omni-Directional option in CCW.  

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am no authority about the 1572E but 1562E supports Cisco-branded directional antenna like the following: 

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AIR-ANT2513P4M-N= Dual Band type patch antenna supported by 1570 APs but not with 1560 both APs
AIR-ANT2413P2M-N= 2.4GHz only type patch antenna supported by both APs
AIR-ANT5114P2M-N= 5GHz only type patch antenna supported by both APs
AIR-ANT2588P3M-N= Dual Band type patch antenna supported by both APs

@Grendizer wrote:

AIR-ANT2513P4M-N= Dual Band type patch antenna supported by 1570 APs but not with 1560

Who is "telling the truth"?

Please refer to Cisco Aironet 1560 Series Outdoor Access Points Ordering Guide and scroll down to Table 4 (Antennas for the Cisco Aironet 1562E Access Point).

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Leo, I will ping the PMs to validate and will reply here…

@Grendizer wrote:

Thanks Leo, I will ping the PMs to validate and will reply here…

Thank you very, very much.  

Got the response from the PM, yes it is supported but will need 4x of AIR-CAB005LL-N= because the AIR-ANT2513P4M-N= does not include attached cables.

Instead, “the suggested approach” if one looking for that narrow same beamwidth 30 degree then use two smaller antennas: AIR-ANT2413P2M-N= for the 2.4GHz ports and AIR-ANT5114P2M-N = for the 5 GHz ports.

Hope that helpful…

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You can also choose AccelTex antenna model like ATS-OHDP-245-1011-4NJ-IC with narrow beamwidth and 2.4GHz and 5GHz band antennas integrated in one element only.

http://shop.acceltex.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=64

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please Rate Helpful Responses ***

Cisco does not support any third-party antennas, check this link for more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1560-series/215475-statement-of-cisco-tac-support-for-non-c.html

FAWfase68219
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you didnt apprehend my question. I'm interested in understanding if there's an enterprise exceptional exercise or encouraged distance between the antennas and the cloth and other productblog the get admission to factor is being set up on?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card