Views
Helpful
Replies

overwrite image webauth-bundle WLC 5500

iosepmonica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does any one knows how to replace an image in webauth-bundle on WLC 5500?

When I run "show custom-web webauth-bundle", I do see the files:

aup.html

login.html

yourlogo.jpg

But, the size of yourlogo.jpg is too big and need to replace with a smaller one.

I have tried (with the appropiate IP and filename):

transfer download mode tftp

transfer download datatype image

transfer download serverip tftp-server-ip-addres

transfer download filename {filename.jpg | filename.gif | filename.png}

but, it does not work.

Thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the size changes, then yes you will need to define that on the html.  Anyways, you will need to tar up the files and upload it to the WLC.  That is the only way to update a custom webauth, either being a change to the html, image or maybe the AUP.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For a custom webauth, you need to build the html file and also upload a new tar file that includes the updated html and the image file.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

ok; just so I understand, why do I need to update the HTML file if the name of the .jpg remains the same; it's the size of the .jpg that is changing.

Thank you

If the size changes, then yes you will need to define that on the html.  Anyways, you will need to tar up the files and upload it to the WLC.  That is the only way to update a custom webauth, either being a change to the html, image or maybe the AUP.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Thanks!

No problem... just in case, here is a good support guide to look at.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13954

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

I have managed to update the webauth-bundle; I had recreated the .tar file (you have to use Linux, no .tar file created in Winodws accepted) and replaced the old one.

I use Power Archiver and 7-zip on Windows all the time to tar up my WebAuth bundles.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I used 7-zip on windows, did not work for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card