cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer WLC Issue

tlap086091
Level 1
Level 1

Really dont know why my APs can't in my WLC List, I try many different WLC series, and try different config in my core switch (fa0/14, fa0/15), but after I access in WLC still no lock, Could someone see my pkt files and give me some idea how to see my AP in WLC? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I don't have access to PT right now; will check later, but look at (find) samples that PT comes with. To give you idea what ui can do and cannot in PT (what works or not), go to File > Open samples and look for wireless/WLC examples.  After all, PT is just a sim to simulate real IOS; it is not real IOS, not all features are included  and those that are may or may not behave as real IOS or device (Cisco and not)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Move your cable from Gig 4 to Gig 1 on your WLC Wireless LAN Controller3, 10.228.56.1,   We had similar post regarding WLC in PT  but I am still looking for that post. I don't recall specifics but there is some issue with management vlan / native vlan / aka vlan 0 on Wireless LAN Controllers in PT;

Regards, ML

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I don't have access to PT right now; will check later, but look at (find) samples that PT comes with. To give you idea what ui can do and cannot in PT (what works or not), go to File > Open samples and look for wireless/WLC examples.  After all, PT is just a sim to simulate real IOS; it is not real IOS, not all features are included  and those that are may or may not behave as real IOS or device (Cisco and not)

Regards, ML

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Move your cable from Gig 4 to Gig 1 on your WLC Wireless LAN Controller3, 10.228.56.1,   We had similar post regarding WLC in PT  but I am still looking for that post. I don't recall specifics but there is some issue with management vlan / native vlan / aka vlan 0 on Wireless LAN Controllers in PT;

Regards, ML

Thanks! It really helpful!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card