Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

We have a Cisco 5508 and 23 APs spread around different buildings. I noticed that the last day of HW support is July 31st 2023. Just to start the planning process, what is a good future proof next step that could replace the 5508? I would love to go ...

kiba99 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I've a new installed C9800 Wifi Controller GigabitEthernet1 is for Management and configured: interface GigabitEthernet1 no switchport ip address 10.2.99.250 255.255.255.0 negotiation auto no mop enabled no mop sysid  Gigabit Ethernet2 is...

I simply might reading the release notes to early, but:   hmm Cisco...WLC 9800 16.12.7 s out, the following is "new" or "changed"What's New in Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.12.7There are no new features in this release.Open Caveats for Cisco IOS XE Gibra...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm stuck between two - the 2504 and the 5508. I know the 5508 will be a larger power hog being full 1u form factor, but I've read it's got a faster backplane and will do 8g simultaneously (vs 1g on the 2504).The 5508 is also more readily available o...

hikaslesi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I am wondering if there are possibilities to schedule the transmission of WLAN on the Catalyst 9115. The documentation I found does not give any hints.Reason for the question: I would like to switch off the transmission during sleeping time t...

Bö0815 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i want to make a wireless internet access in my camping place.... the area is 700 meters.... which product is best for me ?what about Cisco Aironet 1552E-E-K9 Outdoor AP ?how long distance will i get for Cisco Aironet 1552E-E-K9 Outdoor AP ?"Cisco Ai...

fka000001 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a pair of very EOL WLC 4402s that I am trying to set up for my church. Unfortunately one of them is running a slightly older version of code and will not let me enable them to allow APs to connect. I need to enter the following commands ...

jtinholt by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have a couple of 1810w Access Points, that will not join a controller.  I have may that do.  The error is below Controller Version: 8.5.161.0CAPWAP State: DiscoveryDiscovery Request sent to 62.254.78.65, discovery type STATIC_CONFIG(1)Discovery ...

Resolved! Native trunk vlan

Hi All, I am having a problem discovering an AP in WLC everytime I configure its connection in the switch as trunk native vlan 306 which is I think is the standard. It only works on switchport access vlan 304. When I run switchport interfaces trunk, ...

workmen by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,I have configured Air1832I mobility express with 1 AP, Now I want to add more 2 AP how to add this ap on Wireless LAN controller,Can I upload previous AP config backup on added new AP .Please guide 

sachinc01 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I am unable to run any command on Cisco Aircap 2702i.After "enable" command, all other command returns with "% Invalid input detected at '^' marker."I tried conf t, configure terminal, config ap etc. all the commands but no luck.please help. ...

cs.PNG
mmrasel16 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi, I am running WLC 8.5.182.0, and for most small VLANs we are using the Internal DHCP Server which is adequate, but not ideal. For a larger VLAN, it appears to be possible to set "DHCP Proxy Mode" to 'Disable' on a per-interface (VLAN) basis, and t...