Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery 2504 WLC

neilo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to recover the admin account password on a Cisco 2504 WLC?  I've seen varying details on the subject but could really do with some clarification as to whether it is possible.  The controller is live and has been for some time but due to a messy handover the admin password has been lost.

Thanks

Neil

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the method to recover password:

http://netterrene.blogspot.com/2014/08/cisco-wlc-password-recovery.html

Password Recovery in WLC versions 5.1 and later

If you forget your password in WLC version 5.1 and later, you can use the CLI from the serial console of the controller in order to configure a new user name and password.

After the controller boots up, enter the Restore-Password command at the user prompt. This command is only accepted for the initial user login and becomes disabled after a user logs in. You are prompted to enter a new username/password, which can then be used to log into the controller and modify settings.

Before version 5.1, there is no password recovery option on the Wireless LAN Controller (WLC). You need to set the WLC in order to factory defaults and reconfigure it. In order to set the WLC to factory defaults, power cycle the WLC, press the ESC Key during the boot up process from the console, and choose last option(5) in order to clear the configuration and reboot the Wireless LAN Controller.

Note:  The new default username and password is admin.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thank you, I'll try this process.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card