Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP Authentication problems

vandrle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I ve been trying to establish PEAP authentication using following configuration :

Windows XP SP1 EAP suplicant (using different client cards - Cisco, 3COM, D-Link), Cisco 1100 AP (12.2(8)JA ) and MS Windows 2000 SP3 IAS radius server with 802.1x fix .

Client setup :

WEP enabled and key is provided for me checked

EAP type - PEAP

PEAP properties - Validate server certifikate checked

Authentic. method - EAP - MSCHAP v2

EAP - MSCHAP properties - Automatically use my Windows logon name and password is unchecked

And I have following problems:

1. After login to Windows, Client authenticates successfully, but no dialog box asking for the client IAS credentials appears.

Checking or unchecking Automatically use my Windows logon name and password in EAP - MSCHAP properties does not seem to have any impact on the login process.

2. If I use the user account that does not meet conditions defined in IAS Server access policies and I try to login, athentication fails and AP stops sending authentication requests to IAS (I use Sniffer to watch the mutual comunication). I have to reset AP in order to make it send new requests to IAS.

Does anybody have any experience with it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

8 Replies 8

eugene.beckett
Level 1
Level 1

I too would love some information on this, I have almost the same exact problem - to a T.

Did you guys find any information on this subject? Same problem here...

andyhkw72
Level 1
Level 1

I have post this question few months back and there is no reply from the Cisco Engineers. This is really a bug, but they don't want to admit!

Same problem here!

leeeplus
Level 1
Level 1

I also have same problem, there is no good reference for PEAP configuration. Cisco please advise.....

I, too, have this issue. Any ideas?????

mcnaz-yeo
Level 1
Level 1

I tried using PEAP authentication but with Cisco ACS 3.2.BTW do U have a root certificate install in your enterprise network.if yes U need to check it

Regards

Mc

b.tay
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card