cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help to recommend on Physical connectives (WLC, AP and Core switch )

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all Expert,

i don't have experience on WLC 2504 i would like all of you recommend me to connect physical on WLC 2504 with AP and Core-switch.

Please kindly see in the attach file is it correct to connect ?

i have 2 ISP one for Hot sport and other for Guest.

Any way : how can i login to interface management with different Vlan ? 

Best Regards,

Rechard

3 Replies 3

Hi

You should connect AP to your switch.

Here is the 2504 deployment guide which should describe configuration required.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/113034-2500-deploy-guide-00.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Dear Mananalage,

Thanks for your links.

1- Why we cannot connect direct from AP to WLC ? i saw on port 03 and 04 has support POE,When we use port 03 and 04 with POE?

2- Do i use only one port like 01 for AP manager and management connect to Core switch ? or need to separate AP-manager one interface and management one interface and both interface connect to Core switch ?

i'm not clear about physical connect from WLC to AP and management interface ? 

Best Regards,

Rechard

1. Yes, ports are POE. still it is not recommended to plug AP directly to WLC itself.

2. AP manager/management can be one single interface. If you connect Port 1 to your core switch, configure switchport as trunk port and allow all vlans for wireless across that trunk.

If you configure two swichport as access port on the same vlan as WLC management, then you can connect those two AP there. In this way, AP will automatically find WLC & register to it.

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: