cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.5 - Extremely large number of minor rogue ap alarms.

pannick
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Gang,

I just build out a new PI 3.5 system and the amount of minor ap alarms for Unclassified Rogue AP Detected is just unreal. I am talking up to 6,000 or more per day. We have a large environment with multiple locations so it gets crazy clearing them.

I was out on vacation and came back to 50,000.

Is there a way to clear them from the CLI or shell?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- From info's like the one below from the Prime manual(s) you at least be able to define a very short retention period for those alerts (for starters) :

Step 1

Choose Administration > Settings > System Settings > Alarms and Events > Alarms and Events.

Step 2

Modify the Alarm and Event Cleanup Options:

• Delete active and cleared alarms after—Enter the number of days after which active and cleared alarms are deleted.
  • Delete cleared security alarms after—Enter the number of days after which Security, Rogue AP, and Adhoc Rogue alarms are deleted.
  • Delete cleared non-security alarms after—Enter the number of days after which non-security alarms are deleted. Non-security alarms include all alarms that do not fall under the Security, Rogue AP, or Adhoc Rogue categories.
  • Delete all events after—Enter the number of days after which all the events are deleted.
  • Max Number of Events to Keep—Enter the number of events that needs to be maintained in the database.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Got the same issue since around PI 3.5 (oldest Rogue AP Minor I have is from April). This behavior somewhen changed, I didn't had that in the past.
I had the "Delete cleared security alarms after" already on 30 days and the "Delete cleared non-security alarms after" on 7 days. So I shouldn't have any events from April...
PI is running all the latest patches (checked today again).
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card