Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem audit mismatch WCS/WLC for local net user

HI,

I have a problem in my WCS the audit status is mismatch for my two controllers. When I see the details of the mismatch, it is said that all my 400 users are "not present in controller".

However, I checked directly on my web interface of my controllers and my users are there (Security--> AAA--> Local Net Users). I've also checked on the WCS (ConfigureàControllersà controlerà Security à AAA -> local net user).

In both My users are present and are identical.

When i refresh config from controllers on the WCS it disappears but a week after the mismatch comes back.

If anyone can help, Thanks

Alex

3 Replies 3

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version is on the WCS and WLC?  There was a time that the local net user and guest user were lumped together on the controller which would cause this discrepancy.

The version i have are:

WCS 7.0.164.3

WLC 7.0.98.0

Thank you...

jlkuehn04
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone able to answer this one?

We are having the same issue.  We had WLC code 7.0.116.0 with WCS giving us mismatches on certain thresholds, despite the fact that the controller and the WCS configs were a match and no one made changes.  We would refresh confgi from controller and a week later, the mismatch was back.  It's as if there was something wrong with the WCS database.  We upgraded to NCS 1.1 and are now on WLC code 7.0.230.0 and it worked for a while, but we are now randomly experiencing the same issues and then some with NCS. 

We have a multi-tenant campus that has several of another organizations access points configured as friendly in NCS, but the controllers still had them as rogue and were containing them.  We are also experiencing a max client count threshold that is set to 20 on the controller, but NCS is now reverting back to the default 12 value and giving off a mismatch.  I don't know if there is a SQL issue with the database or not, but we service roughly 3000 users on a 5 million sq. ft. campus and some of these mismatches and failure to identify critical mismatches is starting to become a problem.  Going to open a TAC case, but if anyone has any insight in the mean time, that would be helpful.  Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card