Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem for RADIUS Integration between WLC 5508 and MS NPS

Rami Saber
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to integrate Cisco WLC 5508 and Microsoft NPS 2008 to allow users to use their AD username and password to authenticate to the wireless network.

I basically followed the following document but with no luck (Appendix B):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Borderless_Networks/Smart_Business_Architecture/February2012/SBA_Mid_BN_FoundationDeploymentGuide-February2012.pdf

I'v went through some threads in this forum but also with no luck,

Basically, we are recieving the follwoing error in NPS event viewer:

A RADIUS message was received from RADIUS client a.a.a.a with an invalid authenticator. This is typically caused by mismatched shared secrets. Verify the configuration of the shared secret for the RADIUS client in the Network Policy Server snap-in and the configuration of the network access server.

and

Network Policy Server denied access to a user.

I have also attached the debugging output for the client in the controller.

Appreciate any suggestions..

Regards

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A RADIUS message was received from RADIUS client a.a.a.a with an invalid authenticator. This is typically caused by mismatched shared secrets. Verify the configuration of the shared secret for the RADIUS client in the Network Policy Server snap-in and the configuration of the network access server.

Is the WLC ip address setup as a radius client as shown in the error log? Can you try to re-enter the shared key. Once this error stops then we can troubleshoot the 802.1x issues if you still have issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rami Saber
Level 1
Level 1

The password was reenterd in both devices, note that I tried using the RADIUS to manage the switches in the network and it is working with no problems..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card