Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem upgrading to a new version of WCS

Adam Watts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently trying to upgrade my wcs from version 5.1.64.0 to 6.0.181.0. but every time i run the installation file it tells me that there are multiple copies of the WCS installed on the server and i can't upgrade i can only start a new installation.

i have checked the server and it dosn't have any old versions on it, it had originally been upgraded in the past from a version 4 wcs.

i have tried upgrading manually but even when i have removed the old version 5 WCS and the server and registry looks clear of any WCS references and the server has been rebooted it still tells me that their is another copy installed. i have installed a fresh copy of version 6 but trying to restore the version 5 database fails when it gets to the licensees.

currently running the server on a windows 2003 r2 sp2

Any ideas.

Many thanks,

Adam

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it work if you reinstall your WCS 5 version and restore your database ?

Nicolas

it comes up with exactly the same error saying multipple install on the machine. but i can install it and restore the database and get back working.

Ok, but the version 6 doesn't allow you to work if you go with fresh install and restore db right ?

If it's "just" a license problem, then you can reupload them.

Otherwise, maybe it's worth opening a TAC case and get your upgrade logs analyzed.

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card