Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem upgrading to a new version of WCS

Adam Watts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently trying to upgrade my wcs from version 5.1.64.0 to 6.0.181.0. but every time i run the installation file it tells me that there are multiple copies of the WCS installed on the server and i can't upgrade i can only start a new installation.

i have checked the server and it dosn't have any old versions on it, it had originally been upgraded in the past from a version 4 wcs.

i have tried upgrading manually but even when i have removed the old version 5 WCS and the server and registry looks clear of any WCS references and the server has been rebooted it still tells me that their is another copy installed. i have installed a fresh copy of version 6 but trying to restore the version 5 database fails when it gets to the licensees.

currently running the server on a windows 2003 r2 sp2

Any ideas.

Many thanks,

Adam

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it work if you reinstall your WCS 5 version and restore your database ?

Nicolas

it comes up with exactly the same error saying multipple install on the machine. but i can install it and restore the database and get back working.

Ok, but the version 6 doesn't allow you to work if you go with fresh install and restore db right ?

If it's "just" a license problem, then you can reupload them.

Otherwise, maybe it's worth opening a TAC case and get your upgrade logs analyzed.

Nicolas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card