cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with bridges

holiveros
Level 1
Level 1

Since several days ago Im having intermitent connection problems with the wireless linked network. I see in the log things like "Too many retries", "too many missed beacons" "Lost associations" etc. What might be causing this. I have tried changing frecuency Mhz, root parameteers, etc. The strength signal is between 37% and 60%. Shouldn't it be in 100% ? The configuration is Point-multipoint, with 01 omnidirectional and 3 directional anthenas. Can it be a problem of misalignment or water in the cables..?

1 Reply 1

rsahney
Level 1
Level 1

Check the Line of sight.

Try changing the Data Rates from Basic to YES, except for 1.0 & 2.0 Mbps.

Try changing the Radio Frequency Channel .

Perform the carrier busy test and observe it carefully.

(High CRC count , means interference on this particular channel.)

Check the signal quality and strength.

( We need to have a minimun of 60% strenght to support officialy, but a link can be stable between 40 % - 50 % practically)

Check the ping response , it should not fluctuate too high or too low. (stable between 80ms - 120 ms etc is responsible)

Advanced Setting... (handle with care...)

Change the settings in the Setup -> Associations -> Advanced to 0 ( 0 here means finite).

Reduced the fragment size on the bridges to half of the value.

Try checking the cable and connectors. ( this is the area most neglected :-) )

Try firmware versions 11.23 and 12.03 , ( My Lab test states that these have

been the most stable versions)

( In most of the cases the configuration on the non-root gets corrupt, resetting it helps to resolve the issues.)

Try disbaling advance authentication features if any (CKIP, MIC, LEAP. since they induce latency)

These will definately resolve you issue. ......... Dont foget to rank :--) Cheers...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card