Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with corporate DHCP in WLC with VLANs

Hello:

I have one corporate network with a star topology built on several Cisco SG500X-48-K9-G5 switches, and with a Cisco SG500XG-8F8T-K9-G5 switch acting as network core.

In this network I have deployed four VLANs.

In three of the VLANs we have WLANs (one on each VLAN) running without problems using the Cisco DHCP services on each VLAN's correspondent core switch interface for the wireless clients.

All of these WLANs are running on Cisco Aironet 1700 APs managed by a Cisco WLC 2500.

Recently we need to add a new WLAN for the corporate VLAN, the only still not using WLAN. The only differences between this new WLAN and the others are:

- This VLAn is the corporate one witch network services bases on Microsoft Active Directory.

- This VLAN is also the management VLAN for the WLC.

- DHCP services for this WLAN are not provided by Cisco core switch. In this VLAN is mandatory to use the DHCP services of the corporate Active Directory, running in this same VLAN.

Clients in this new VLAN are working fine if we give them a static IP from the corporate network, but we're not able to make them to get a valid IP address from the corporate Microsoft DHCP.

Do I need to do some more configuration in this VLAN to be able to use a DHCP service not hosted but the Cisco systems? This VLAN is configured in the same way the others were, and the DHCP is the only difference I can find.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check your WLAN mapped interface on your 2504 controller. Under that interface configuration, you should configure Microsoft DHCP server as primary DHCP config.  In this way, as long as you have a configured IP pool on your DHCP server client should get an IP address.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Check your WLAN mapped interface on your 2504 controller. Under that interface configuration, you should configure Microsoft DHCP server as primary DHCP config.  In this way, as long as you have a configured IP pool on your DHCP server client should get an IP address.

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card