cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with guest account in WLC 4402

mnkojima
Level 1
Level 1

I have created an unique guest account in WLC 4402 version 4.2 and distribute it to every visitor that comes into our company. However, when we receive many visitors, the WLC stops authenticating. Does anybody know if there is a limit in using a same guest account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it properly refuse authentication ? Or does the login page stop appearing or something ?

There was a bug with the webauth dying under heavy load, regardless of number of identical accounts used.

One good way for you to check would be, when problem occurs, to create a second backup guest user and see if that would start working. If it doesn't, the account is not the problem.

I'm not aware of any maximum of usage of the same account.

Which 4.2 exactly are you running ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it properly refuse authentication ? Or does the login page stop appearing or something ?

There was a bug with the webauth dying under heavy load, regardless of number of identical accounts used.

One good way for you to check would be, when problem occurs, to create a second backup guest user and see if that would start working. If it doesn't, the account is not the problem.

I'm not aware of any maximum of usage of the same account.

Which 4.2 exactly are you running ?

Thank you Nicolas

I used the URL below and I am currently monitoring

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch10GuAc.html#wp1076983

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card