Views
Helpful
Replies

PSK issue when migrating AP to a new controller

um1
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am using cisco virtual wireless controller version 8.3.143.0 with access point 2700 series. 

We migrated WAPs to a new vWLC with same configurations. However, after joining the new controller when client tries to connect to PSK based SSID its password is not accepted. When i remove the password from the SSID in the Controller security tab of the SSID and save the password again it works. It happens for every WAP when it joins the new controller. has any faced the same issue or know what i am missing here ?

3 Replies 3

How did you migrate configs to new wlc ? via CLI

Better to manually config the password (in case any copy/paste issues, if you done via CLI)

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

it doesn't happens if we reboot the access point on the new controller. It only happens when an access point joins the new controller. That proves password is same but just doesn't work for any client connected via the AP joined the controller from old to new.

That is weird, sounds like something went wrong by installing the new WLC.
If you want to enforce a reload of an AP while joining the new WLC, install a newer release on the new WLC:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/products-release-notes-list.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card