cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"cisco-probe" user

maweigel
Level 1
Level 1

The management function of 240ac Wifi accesspoints does periodic radius requests with a user named "cisco-probe". Part of "Active Fallback" radius mode.

Currently these requests fail, and fill up my logs.

Which password does this "cisco-probe" user have? How can i set one?

Or is there some other recommended radius config for this probe user?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look it up here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/2077-Configure-RADIUS-CBW.html
                 and or following instructions for modifying 'cisco-probe' accordingly

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ok, then i have a different user name.

But how do i set a password? 

Radius in use here is Microsoft NPS. I dont think i can have a user without a password.

- What do you mean by password and user(s) ;  - are you talking about the admin user ?
                                                                             - do you want to create users ?
                                                                             - are you referring to the Shared Secret for radius ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

no, i am talking about the cisco-probe user.

240AC periodically tries a login to the configured radius server (here Microsoft NPS) using this username. This login attempts fail and create security log entries.

- Apparently and according to the document  this is only used when configuring Active Fallback mode when using (or detecting) standby   radius servers , I think it's safe to disable this Active Fallback mode , especially if only one radius server is used ; and it will have no impact otherwise neither , 

M.