Views
Helpful
Replies

"No Logon Server" error on wireless

Babak KHorshid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

this thing is bothering me alot and I appreciate any comment on it. its Microsoft and Cisco combination. in our school sometimes when a laptop boots up and the user wants to login to the network the "No logon Server" error appears. 

the reason sometimes is the laptops network card initiation takes time and the client is already on Ctrl+Alt+delete state putting their username and password. (we have some old laptops). if the user give it enough time then the network card assigned to the wireless and got the IP and can connect to the network and the AD to authenticate. 

but there are other times which there is no connection at all! the client just don't try to connect. in this instances if we login with LAN cable attached , then it connects to the network and picks up the wireless automatically! sometimes all you need is to reboot the computer and then its fine! It will pick up the wireless!

we are using 802.1x , PEAP and the wireless profiles are being pushed by the group policy. we are using windows 7 and 8 and both has these issue.

I have even hard coded the wireless policy in the registry. I have used the option "Always for the network" in the wireless policy and other options like connect if the network is not being broadcast.

is there any way to force a client to connect to the wireless first thing! has anyone using Cisco WLC have this issue? I have to admit that there is always a chance to not being able to connect to the wireless. because its random and I have many client the debug is not very helpful but still I could see no certification issue on the WLC. 

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the Networks drivers latest?, update and see

Hi mohanak

yes. That was the first thing i checked :(

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card