Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio Role client serving local/remote

Hi,

So I'm fiddling with a 5508 with a bunch of 2802 access points connected and when I'm looking at the Access points-> 802.11b/g/n settings I see a lot of "Client Serving * (Local)" and "Client Serving * (Remote)". I've read some other post on these forums and some of the links they refer to (white papers etc). But I still don't under stand the difference between "Local" and "Remote" in this case since they're both "client serving". The site has reported poor signal strength on the 2,4GHz frequencies. Should I interpret "Remote" as it's actually operation on 5GHz instead or what's going on?

FRA was enabled, I've turned it off but the there's still a lot of "Client Serving * (Remote)" Present, might be RRM hasn't had time to do it's job yet. Any who can "dumb it down" Barney-style for me?

Br

//Peter

Edit: A friend pointed it out to me, Seems to say "Client Serving * (Local)" When the access point is in "local mode" and it says "Client Serving * (Remote)" when the access point is in flexconnect mode. Not sure why it's needed but that was the answer to my question.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card