cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS authentication on IAS server

RobinPike
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1200 AP configured for RADIUS authentication on Microsoft IAS server but I am experiencing a problem getting clients authenticated. (Association is working fine.)

The 1200 is connected to the IAS Server via an 837 router (no switch involved) and I am wondering if any RADIUS settings have to be configured on the 837 for AAA communication to pass through to the IAS server or will the requests pass through automatically?

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

The authentication should pass through without any specific configuration of the router.

MS IAS does not support LEAP or EAP-Fast.

You need to use PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS or MD5 (and / or MAC).

You should also stick with MS-CHAPv2 for the Username/Password auth.

Good Luck

Scott

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

ScottMac is correct, if you're using IAS you need to use PEAP which requires a security cert. Microsoft provide a very nice toolkit of scripts and documents to simplify the installation and configuration of IAS, Cert Services, etc, etc, you can get it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CDB639B3-010B-47E7-B234-A27CDA291DAD&displaylang=en

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card