cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS+SECUREID

luponec
Level 1
Level 1

I'm testing Aironet 350 AP for an italian company.

In particular I'm checking the wireless NICs authentication with the AP using a radius server.

In the first step we created a user database with username/password resident on the radius server (Cisco Secure 3.0). NO PROBLEM, it works.

BUT.... For security policy, we would like to treat wireless connections such as a RAS connection with strong authentication, so we tried to use the Radius database for the user-id and an ACE server to verify the password-code given by a secure-id token card by RSA.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

The same configuration is currently in use (and it works!!) for remote dial-up connections to our network.

I'm asking myself if anybody encountered the same trouble and if he found a solution or a workaround about.

Sorry for my worst english, please contact me for more details

Anyway TANX in advance.

1 Reply 1

alan.holt
Level 1
Level 1

The reason it isn't working is because the AP only supports MSCHAP. (i.e. CiscoSecure 3.0 or 2.6 databases, NT domain controllers, etc.)

NOTE (from help on my ASC 2.6 server):

RADIUS (Cisco Aironet). Select the RADIUS (Cisco Aironet) option when using a Cisco Aironet Access Point as a NAS. This option enables you to make use of the Cisco Aironet RADIUS VSA.

Note: Users accessing the network through a Cisco Aironet network device can only be authenticated against the CiscoSecure user database, a Windows NT/2000 user database, an ODBC user database, or an MCIS database.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card