Views
Helpful
Replies

Re authentication 802.1x with WLC

Faisal Shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

hi, fellows,

I am facing an issue with 802.1x configured on Cisco WLC+ APs, we have implemented NAC solution but what happens that clients get automatically re authenticate after random times and face automatic connect/disconnect, is there any settings in WISM for re authentication ??????

please help..!!

6 Replies 6

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Each WLAN (advance)tab there is a session timeout. Default is 1800 seconds (30 minutes). When a client connects, every 30 minutes they will be deauthenticated and must reauthenticate. You can change this value or turn it off.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George for your reply i have unchecked this option but still i am facing this issue one more thing there is no specific time some times it happens after 30 minutes some times  one hours etc and i want to disable it so client don't get re authenicated again anad again

If clients are walking out of the area of coverage and coming back in it will cause a reauth. Also if the client doesn't send data for a period of 5 minutes the wlc will deauth them. This is called the idle timeout.

What radius server are you using .. Did you set any timers on it ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

ist client are not moving am i doing testing before implementation i have two laptops one under 802.1x authentivation and second without 802.1x, now both clients are using same AP i logged in to WLC found that for 802.1x there is re authentication timer running i dont know what are the implication this timer BUT for without 802.1x there is no timer plus it does not disconnect it remain connected all the time.

please find the attached file also we are working with Entersys NAC solution

Is your session timeout enabled under the WLAN ? Also that timer is set to 24 hours. Do you have clients connected that long ?

If you can reproduce the issue I would setup a debug ..

session time out timer is disabled but still no luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card