Replies

recommended repository size for a Cisco 5520 wireless LAN controller b

mikegschorrctr
Level 1
Level 1

recommended repository size for a Cisco 5520 wireless LAN controller backups

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

backups are not big, it depends on how often you backup and how much you want to keep.  If you don't have any scripts or a way to clear up older files, the repository will fill up.  So there is no recommendations.  Backup one of your controllers and then determine how much space you need depending on how often you want to backup.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don’t think there is a recommendation for this. It really depends on how many you plan to keep and if your repository will be deleting any old files to make room for new ones. 

-Scott

Our current repository is now having issues and so we are planning to create a Linux repository and How large a drive for for a weekly backup?

backups are not big, it depends on how often you backup and how much you want to keep.  If you don't have any scripts or a way to clear up older files, the repository will fill up.  So there is no recommendations.  Backup one of your controllers and then determine how much space you need depending on how often you want to backup.

-Scott

Scott

Thank You

Sorry that I couldn't really help.  I tend to have a repository that all my devices share so it's pretty big.  I also have subdirectories that I hold images in.  Unless you have something that will purge and keep your repository below the limit, you should be good with a small size, but I have seem repositories that are very large because folks feel like they want to keep like a year or so of backups.

-Scott

Scott

Thank you and we are also having to setup a repository for our CMX 10.6.3 because are going to use our DNA Center to replace our Prime Infrastructure functionality hence the repository questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card