cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing 350 Bridge/Access Point ?

LarryFons
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large campground that has 3 Cisco 350 bridges set up as access points for my campers.

Last Friday one stopped working.

It will not associate with the other radios and it is the middle unit so I am also dead at the third unit.

On the primary unit I never got the password from the old owner. The other two have no password enabeled.

So

I am looking to replace the three units. with the Airnet 1242AG and install a 4th to provide better coverage.

Is this a good replacement for these older units?

Will it accomplish the same thing?

Thanks

Larry

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Larry,

Welcome to CSC. Are you using these as access points or our you bridging traffic or using these as repeaters  ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

One is the uplink/access point  associated to the 2nd
2nd one is a repeater access point   associated to the 1st and 3rd one

the third is an access point associated to the 2nd one

Make a wireless line across the park.

Those APs are very old that it might be time to replace them. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Repater ok ... Yes, I might suggest the 1242s as a inexpensive replacement. I will require a redo of the config.

__________________________________________________________________________________________