cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogue Classifications

jeetkulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly let me know what are the implications to the Cisco WLC detecting rogue client and putting a "Threat" label against it? Does it block the client from accessing the networks or simply puts a label and let the client access if it can. This is related to the bug identified here - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf31881

We currently have valid Lenovo X1 laptops showing in Rogue clients in threat list. Most of the clients have network drops and intermittent wireless connection issues. 

8 Replies 8

Hi

I had a similar experience and in my case the client was unable to connect. I had to add client mac address on the Mac filter as work around.

I think you could debug this client and see if the drop cause is related to the rogue classification or not.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

When you added the client to mac filter did the drops stop/decrease?

In my situation it was not drop but client did not join the network.

Sure, we have similar issues wherein the client does not join the network. In some instances it just looses network connectivity in the middle of no where. Does it sound familiar?

Yes it does.

Try to add classify those clients as friendly on rogue policy.

If possible, run a debug for those dropping ones.

Most important, upgrade the wlc just to make sure you are not under a bug.

I've updated WLC to version 8.3.151.0 for now, clients seem to be connecting OK but still too early to confirm.

Should be enough. Inexplicable behavior usually is bug and upgrade is the way to go.

The behavior is still seen, we now have a TAC case open!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: