Views
Helpful
Replies

Running MESH and non-MESH APs on a single area

Patrick Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I want to cover an old building where just some cables can be run, so I would use mesh, but I want to use as many APs over wire as possible.

Is it possible to have wireless mesh AND non-mesh Access Points to cover the same area? Are there any impacts on performance in doing that?

I would have set a lab up for that but I am missing some Hardware to establish a mesh-network and, in parallel, a non-mesh for the same area.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as thy are all connected to a wlc(s) you should be fine. I'm guessing you will just utilize the indoor mesh supported AP's for this since it is indoor?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as thy are all connected to a wlc(s) you should be fine. I'm guessing you will just utilize the indoor mesh supported AP's for this since it is indoor?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes I would have some 3500 as indoor APs. Are there any known difficulties having those as mesh and non-mesh other than making sure using controller software release 7.0.116.0 and above?

regards, Patrick

Not that I know of... I run that setup at home:)

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks a lot. You probably saved my week

regards

Patrick

No problem.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card