Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending RADIUS attributes from a SESM portal application

canobi001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to send RADIUS attributes from a SESM web application? I'm currently using heavily modified SP application for our SESM wireless portal and I'd like to be able to send location information together with auth request. Browsing through the API I saw AaaHandlerMBean which looks vaguely useful I suppose the app flow I'm looking for would go something like this:

1. unauthenticated user tries to open a web page

2. captiveportal redirects him to my portal app

3. in my portal homepage, I retrieve or create (?) the mentioned bean adding a location attribute

4. after the user enters his credentials, they get passed to RADIUS, together with the location attribute set in the previous step

Is such a scenario possible? If not, is there an alternative way to achieve what I need (without me having to rewrite all the already implemented SESM auth code)? Any example is welcome because I didn't see any detailed enough docs where I could find this info myself.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

It is possible to send RADIUS attributes from a SESM application. But it is not recommended because a lot of errors were encountered when I tried this setup. Sometimes the attributed were not even sent correctly. So i guess this is possible but not recomended.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card