Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting in WLC 5508 with AC 3800

i configured two WLC 5508 with HA and working well i have questions and settings i want to enable it 

1) Only UNII-1 and UNII-2 channels should be allowed ?  how to do that 

2) 802.11a channels should be 40 MHz only ? i did that from DCA of this band , is that right or there is another method for it 

3) two WLC now in SSO mode , can i enable LAG between each WLC and core switch while they are in HA mode ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1) Only UNII-1 and UNII-2 channels should be allowed ? 

Basically yes but take a look on the regulation for your country. Some country may have specific regulation.

how to do that 

On the WLC WIRELESS tab, DCA, you can choose channels. Or, if you are using RF Profile, then, you need to select there.

2) 802.11a channels should be 40 MHz only ?

Not must, but you can use 20, 40, 80,etc. 

i did that from DCA of this band , is that right or there is another method for it 

If you are not using RF Profile yes, if does then you need to change on RF Profile.

3) two WLC now in SSO mode , can i enable LAG between each WLC and core switch while they are in HA mode ?

Dont think so. You should setup this before enable SSO. Keep in mind that every config performed on the Primary will be replicated on the Secondary.

Hope that help.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

1) Only UNII-1 and UNII-2 channels should be allowed ? 

Basically yes but take a look on the regulation for your country. Some country may have specific regulation.

how to do that 

On the WLC WIRELESS tab, DCA, you can choose channels. Or, if you are using RF Profile, then, you need to select there.

2) 802.11a channels should be 40 MHz only ?

Not must, but you can use 20, 40, 80,etc. 

i did that from DCA of this band , is that right or there is another method for it 

If you are not using RF Profile yes, if does then you need to change on RF Profile.

Dont think so. You should setup this before enable SSO. Keep in mind that every config performed on the Primary will be replicated on the Secondary.

Hope that help.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card