cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Up Cisco CP-8821 Hand Held Phone

christophert
Level 1
Level 1

I have brand new CP-8821 wireless phones I need to set up on our network.  I have configured everything possible I can think of and I still can't call out.  I have looked at another like-phone and basically "copy and pasted" all the settings.  It's connected to the wireless network.  I have followed all the guidance that I have found on the Cisco Community Chat rooms and followed the directions on the Cisco website. To my knowledge, there really isn't anything out there about this phone.  Does Cisco have a tutorial or training videos about these phones?  Thank you. 

8 Replies 8

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the phone has an IP address and has authenticated to the wireless, the issue more than likely going to be a CUCM configuration issue.

Might suggest that posting into the Collaboration forums might help.

Its been quite awhile since i did any call manager stuff but for a wireless handset the only real difference to a wired phone is the WIFI settings.

Some things to check:

Is the handset in a RUN state on the WLC?

Has the handset registered to CUCM?

What version WLC you running (model and software version)

Have you completed a client debug or radio trace for the handset - this will show if its a wireless issue.

You say cant call out - what error it showing, can it receive calls, can it call internal numbers?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upper right-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is there a WiFi symbol? 

Upper left-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is the phone extension displayed or not? 

Lower left-hand corner of the screen:  Is the time and date correct or not? 

Upper right-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is there a WiFi symbol? - Yes

Upper left-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is the phone extension displayed or not? - No

Lower left-hand corner of the screen:  Is the time and date correct or not? - Yes

@christophert wrote:

Upper right-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is there a WiFi symbol? - Yes

Upper left-hand corner of the phone screen:  Is the phone extension displayed or not? - No

Lower left-hand corner of the screen:  Is the time and date correct or not? - Yes

Is this phone managed by CUCM or non-CUCM?

At the moment CUCM.  I registered the phone.

@christophert wrote:

At the moment CUCM.  I registered the phone.

Ok, so the phone gets the correct time-and-date.  This means the phone is able to contact a call server. 

If the phone does not display the extension number then it could mean the phone's MAC address is not configured in the correct Sub. 

Use a browser and enter the phone's IP address.  Go to the Network Setup tab.  Look at the Unified CM lines.  Check if those are the correct Sub.  If it is, check that sub if the phone's MAC address is configured or not.

As far as I can tell, everything looks correct on the Network Setup tab. MAC address matches and so does the subnet.

@christophert wrote:
As far as I can tell, everything looks correct on the Network Setup tab. MAC address matches and so does the subnet.

And what about the rest?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card