Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared vWLC multiple customers

pbogaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with a vWLC and the vWLC is shared, he rent offices in a building with shared environment one of them is shared wireless) for each of the offices is an SSID made, he do not want to have overhead to manage the environment.

One of the offfices have already a solution with radius via jumpcloud. Another customer ask also to have WPA with enterprise in stead of WPA2 PSK.

My question can you configure an additional radius server in the WLC for another customer i.e. a NPS that is than only used for the SSIDs of that particular customer? Can you have multiple radius servers or should it be just only one for a shared environment ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Simple answer is yes you can. There is a max number of radius servers which you can determine from the config guide. The wlan has the radius servers to use. You need to uncheck the box in the global radius server page under network so that radius does not fail back to another radius server defined in the global radius page.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: