cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show-run does not complete with a large number of APs associated

luceroc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks,  I have an issue with getting large show run-config files from my controllers in their entirety.  Seems like they end prematurely around 3.3 megs. I am using SecureCRT and the logging feature does not show a limitation for the file sizes. 

The controller session timeout is set to max and tried unlimited, no difference.

Does the controller have some kind of limitation with sending a large file as output via the cli?

**running version 7.4.121.23

Here's my approach

(set logging output file name in CRT)

>config paging disable

>show run-config

>...... ends before getting to the end

Anybody else run into this? 

7 Replies 7

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

this may happen, if there is a large output of RF configuration. Normally it is a very ow frequency issue, and I have seen configurations with 6000 Aps working

how are you capturing this? over serial or over telnet/ssh?

Serial has limitations on buffer sizes, so normally it is better to use ssh/telnet as CLI access mechanism

regards

Thanks Javier.  I was using SSH and SecureCRT.    I downloaded a copy of PUTTY and used it with success.  I'd just throw up a warning to anybody using SecureCRT that this could happen to you with a 5508 - 7.4.121. - and more than 200APS.    With CRT it fails every time on this controller described but using PUTTY it works like it should, full show run-config. 

I guess you don't always get what you pay for. :-)

Thanks for the response.

I have a deployment with several hundred APs and am not having this issue with SecureCRT.  Odd...  I just tested with both 64-bit SecureCRT version 7.3.1 and 7.3.4.  What version are you running? Just in case it is an underlying OS issue, my 7.3.1 install is on Windows 7 64bit and 7.3.4 on Windows 10 (Yes, I do dare run Windows 10).

Rahul O S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

to get the config of the wlc and upload the config file using a tftp server.

please see the attachment

I tried using the upload from controller to tftp server.  The parser in the wlcca says something about incomplete config and to use the sh run-config command

I was able to do the sh run-config with putty.

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Serial has limitations on buffer sizes, so normally it is better to use ssh/telnet as CLI access mechanism

>config session timeout 0

>config paging disable

> show run-config

this may workout...

I have  400+ ap's and out put around 17meg

Siva.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card