cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Cluster or multiple Clusters?

rcedillo100
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer with 3 separate buildings on the same campus. There are 9 WAP321's on the same cluster. Each building has a lot of Co-Channel and Adjacent channel interference. My first thought after performing a wifi-scan was to hard code the channels in each building, but that does not appear to be the issue since Cisco's feature is doing that just fine. My next thought was to create three separate clusters and move the ap's into them for separation and management. I am not able to find any data on how to create a new cluster and move an existing AP into that cluster. Can anyone assist, and is here a better way to fix this issue of slow speeds? When I scan the network I see an average of 20 devices on each AP.

PID VID: WAP321-A-K9 V01
Firmware Version: 1.0.5.3

Thanks

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Setup Wizard Configuration on the WAP121 and WAP321 Access Points :

Create a New Cluster – Used to create a new cluster to secure the wireless network as a single entity.

— New Cluster Name – Enter the name of the cluster in the New Cluster Name field.

— AP Location – Enter the location of the AP in the AP Location field.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=4ff3e5bf59204280b49892afa1eac820_Configuration_of_the_Setup_Wizard_on_the_WAP121_and_WAP321.xml&pid=2&converted=0

I did this before I posted, but it comes back and give me an error when I try to finish the configuration. I do not have an extra AP to configure into the new Cluster, I have existing ones that are part of an existing cluster. It appears that I cannot create a new cluster without having a new AP or AP that is not part of any cluster in order to complete the steps in the wizard.

thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card