Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp DNAC to C9800

j.madison
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get my DNAC talking to my C9800 controllers via SNMP. I have matched the settings on both sides several times and it will not sync. Every time I blow away the SNMP account settings on the C9800-40 (v17.6.4) and recreate them it keeps changing the Group Name to SnmpAuthPrivGroup instead of the group name I define. It won't stop doing this. I also note that when I do a show snmp community on the C9800 it shows a long list of community names even though the WebUI is only showing one.

Any advice?

19 Replies 19

Hi Scott,

I created a new wlc-v3group Auth and wlc-v3groiup Priv so there are two groups on the C9800. When I create any new user and select either the wlc-v3group Auth or Priv Group-Name the controller continues to change all the group names the users are using to  SnmpAuthPrivGroup.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your advice here?

I'm just going off of what you had provided, which you were missing the "Auth".  Here is my V3 User screen shot:

ScottFella_0-1678983709208.png

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Here are my options when I create a new user:

ScottFella_1-1678983856948.png

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I see those exact options on the drop down and whether I select the one with (Auth) or (Priv) and hit apply it is changed both to the the group-name: SnmpAuthPrivGroup. I've even blown away SNMP altogether and started over, making those different group names (auth) and (priv) and went through creating a user and selected the group names and it still changes them to SnmpAuthPrivGroup

Even from the cli?

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card