Views
Helpful
Replies

Some APs on WLC 5520 Need to Adjust Transmit Power

zaqtivi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community, 

We do have some Cisco APs under a Cisco WLC 5520 that needs 2.4Ghz radio be disabled and some Cisco APs need to have their transmit powers adjusted. But it seems I am not able to do that. When I go to the command line of the APs, it doesn't allow me to run most of the commands.

It seems it is under Flex. I hope you can point me in the right direction or please provide some guidance.

Thank you so much!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@zaqtivi wrote:
When I go to the command line of the APs, it doesn't allow me to run most of the commands.

The command, to change the Tx power of an AP, can only be entered from the WLC.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

You can change the transmit power from WLC  Wireless > 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n > Network to open the 802.11a (or 802.11b/g) Global Parameters page. and refer below link also.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-5/configuration-guide/b_cg75/b_cg75_chapter_010000000.html

Good Luck

faulknerehman
Level 1
Level 1

It's important to note that adjusting the transmit power of an AP can impact the overall wireless network performance and coverage. It's recommended to only make these changes if necessary and to test the impact of the changes before implementing them in a production environment.

BallSportsGames

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card