Views
Helpful
Replies

Some iPhones can't connect to Cisco Wi-Fi

KristynaP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

The IT service installed two new Wi-Fi routers within our company (Cisco Aironet 1830). They completely set it up and I should now manage it.

However, we are having difficulties with some iPhones that simply can't connect to the network. iPhones have different iOs versions and they are getting "error messages" like "Can't connect to the network" "Login Failed" or something like that.

I found out it may be due to WPA2 not set to AES so I tried to check the settings of each of them. However, I found only WPA2 Personal and WPA2 Enterprise. From my understanding, if I set it up to Enterprise each person will have his own login to be able to access the Wi-Fi, unfortunately, this is not a solution for us as we are having many visits and we need to provide an internet connection to them. So I need to have only one password, that is changed periodically, for the Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

which software version you are runing on 1830 ?

When is the issue happening : when IPhone are trying to connect to same wlan or changing to connect diff wlan ?

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

In both cases. We tried to connect to one wlan several times, when it didn't work we tried the other one, same issue.

login via CLI on 1830 and try to put this command and try again:

config network fast-ssid-change enable

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card