Views
Helpful
Replies

Spectralink 84 with Cisco 9800 17.6.1

Marci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,
Has anyone tested Spectralink 84 series phones with C9800 17.6 yet?
We have the problem that after the update from 17.3 the voice is very delayed and interrupted.
After a rollback to 17.3 everything works again.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/wlc-9800-cl-qos-settings-for-8440-spectralink-vowlan/td-p/3819848

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any specific reason to move to 17.6.X? If you are planning to use a new feature introduced in 17.6.X then this fine, otherwise this was released just few days back and I wouldn't recommend running it on your production networks without testing it on a testbed. 

My approach for this would be first do config comparison manually (notepad++ compare) to see whether the new firmware has enabled some new features, then do a radio active trace to check whether there is any abnormalities, then I would do a pcap from client side (if possible) and AP to see if this can give us any information. 

Also note that RF behavior and some RF related new features were introduced in 17.4.X and higher. (OFDMA enhancements, scheduling enhancements, MU-MIMO enhancements) May be this will have an impact on the client behavior with the new IOS. So take this also in to consideration and read all the release notes.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Marci wrote:

Has anyone tested Spectralink 84 series phones with C9800 17.6 yet?
We have the problem that after the update from 17.3 the voice is very delayed and interrupted.
After a rollback to 17.3 everything works again.

Good gosh, man.  17.6.1 just released this week.  
No one has the time to beta test this software.  

Get TAC involved.  They would love to hear what bugs have been detected.  

In my home/lab environment, got several roaming issues in that version. Had to rollback to 17.5.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: